Oh, the Places We'll Vote...

Blogging by America's next generation of active citizens.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

A Break from Politics - Who Has Inspired You?

I am stealing an idea from my pals over at citizenu.org. After attending a conference yesterday, I walked away most inspired by the vast numbers in my AP Gov't session of educators from Chicago Public Schools who are developing AP Gov't programs at their schools. They are serving students who need them tremendously - many of these students are living below the poverty line - and are in great need of some inspiration for their life and how a class like AP Gov't fits into it. It leaves you to ponder - who has inspired you?

4 teachers for me - Mr. Jackson, my 11th grade English teacher, who made me read and write constantly. Ms. Partain, my 11th grade debate teacher/coach, who truly cared about all of us. Professor Kessler, my political science advisor at Bates, who told me that I should teach high school. Professor Cohen, my social studies education advisor at Tufts, who taught us to always to keep humor in our teaching.

I need to write them thank you notes. It's never too late for that.

Who has inspired you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home